A medical home is the place you go for healthcare. Your medical home is where all of your records are kept.
You and your family will go to your medical home to see your Primary Care Provider (PCP) when you are sick or due for a checkup.
- All your medical records are kept there in one place.
- Your primary care provider gets to know you well.
- You get better health care because your personal doctor knows all of your health care needs.
- You and your family get the top quality health care you need to stay healthy.
Even if you are healthy and never get sick, it is good to have a medical home.
It is good to have a medical home because you get better healthcare. When you have a medical home, your PCP will get to know you well.
You will feel more comfortable talking to your PCP about your health or any problems or questions you have. That way, you and your family
get the quality healthcare you need to stay healthy. Even if you are healthy and never get sick, it is good to have a medical home.
A Primary Care Provider (PCP) is the family doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider at your medical
home who takes care of you and your family. Your PCP gets to know you well.
Your PCP will:
- Take care of you when you are sick.
- Give your children check-ups and immunizations (shots) to stay well.
- Help you manage diseases and other conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and asthma.
- Refer you to specialists or other healthcare providers when you need to go.
- Answer questions you have about your health care.
- Give you the information you need to stay healthy.
- Work with you to get the health care you need.